Valentines Austin is seeking a Digital Marketing Intern to assist with managing website inventory for ecommerce. This is an unpaid internship that creates an opportunity for a fashion-loving-digital-marketer-in-training to learn the skills and get the experience needed to gain employment. Experience preferred with basic photo editing and graphic design especially in Canva. Experience with inventory management in Shopify is a plus. This role will directly report to the Marketing Director while collaborating with other team members.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Valentines is a luxury boutique with a collection of ready-to-wear, shoes, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, and home décor. In 1999, Teresa Windham opened the first Valentines location in Austin, Texas with a mission to “find the clothes you love to wear.” With a second location at Kerbey Lane Village that opened in 2015, both boutiques are glamorous havens that encapsulate Teresa’s passion for art, fashion, travel, and design in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere.
Today, the team at Valentines continues to travel the world to hand select clothing that fits every aspect of women’s lives. Our team of stylists work with clients to create custom edits that elevate everyday essentials and tailor looks for special occasions. Whether we are styling a long-time client or welcoming someone for the very first time, helping each woman tap into her inner joy and feel gorgeous remains at the core of all we do.
Publish products from inventory management software to Shopify:
- Edit, and upload media for product inventory
- Find or write product descriptions
- Match images of products to SKUs in inventory management software
- Notify supervisor of any discrepancies in price, color, size or shape of products before publishing
Update collections on Shopify:
- Merch products/collections by color, style, or matching sets
- Enrich product data by adding the appropriate tags and attributes to ensure a great customer experience
- Source media to represent designer from brand website or Instagram
- Find or write designer collection description
Update category collections on Shopify:
- Order products on category collections to enhance shopability
- Other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of Canva highly preferred
- Photo editing including cropping to fit specific aspect ratios
- Knowledge of Shopify preferred
- Knowledge of Lightspeed inventory manager is a bonus
- Organization/planning skills to assist with meeting deadlines on a daily or weekly basis
- High-level attention to detail
- Marketing, photo editing, ecommerce or graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- This unpaid internship allows opportunities to learn employable skills and gain experience in a real-world setting
- Employee discount on store merchandise after 90 days
- Lunch provided on in-store work day(s)
- Opportunity to seek employment after 90 days
- Part-time position
- At least 16 hours per week (This could be split up in two 8-hour days or hour 4-hour shifts)
- Must be available to work on-site at least 1 shift per week at Davenport Village (3801 N Capital of Texas Hwy Ste G-180, Austin, Texas 78746) during open hours Monday - Friday from 10am-6pm
- Email your resume to careers [at] valentinesaustin.com.